Do Republicans really hate cyclists?
By Peter Suciu, in Roseville, Michigan
In the United States, response to many issues falls along political party lines, including taxes, guns, abortion – and now cycling, according to some commentators.
Mother Jones, the self-professed “news organization that specializes in investigative, political and social justice”, published a story earlier this year with the straight-to-the-point headline: “The GOP Hates Bikes.” In this piece, author Stephani Mencimer noted two cases where Republican lawmakers drove anti-bicycle agendas.
Read the full story here: Bike Radar
- Can Tabloids Save NYC From “Maniacal” Cyclists Terrorizing… – StumbleUpon (pitsbicycleblog.wordpress.com)
- Cyclists must ride ‘sensibly’ – Hoy (autonetinsurance.co.uk)
- Graph of the Day: Proof that Bike Lanes Attract Bike Riders (treehugger.com)
- Caught on camera: Motorists’ rage against cyclists – Confused.com (livingstrongandhappy.blogspot.com)
- Moving around cyclists (croydoncyclist.wordpress.com)
- Letters: We need more than ghost bikes to reduce cyclist deaths (guardian.co.uk)