Now that the new year has come and I have close to 80 miles on my odometer already, I think it’s time to make up my mind what I want to achieve on my bicycle this year. Well, there are some goals:
- My minimum goal is 10 kilometers a day, which would be 3,650 kilometers [2,270 miles].
- A much more ambitious goal would be 10 miles a day [5,870 kilometers]. I’m not sure if I can do that as I’ll be off the bicycle for 5 weeks, touring Germany and England in late spring/early summer; and then there’s always that hot and humid southern Texas summer, which – on some days – really doesn’t encourage bicycling.
- Do my shortest ride here in Karnes County [slightly over 17 miles] in under one hour.
- Push my average over 17 miles per hour.
- Do a few metric centuries.
- Do a real century.
That’s about it. Let’s see what I can really achieve.